Dubai-based logistics group DP World, which operates the port of Limassol, has replaced its chairman and chief executive Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem , following leaked disclosures in the recently released Epstein files.
The Guardian reports that the announcement follows the intense pressure after the publication of messages with Epstein. Reportedly, the Dubai-based DP World, is ultimately owned by the emirate’s royal family, while Sulayem, is the brother of Mohammed Ben Sulayem, the head of the FIA, which governs the world’s motor sport championships including Formula One.
Documents disclosed by the US Department of Justice revealed that Sulayem emailed Epstein in 2015 that he met a girl “two years ago” who went to an American university in Dubai was “the best sex I ever had amazing body”. He further said: “She got engaged but now she back with me.”
Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky, who has inspected unredacted Epstein files, said on Tuesday that the justice department also appeared to confirm that Sulayem was the recipient of an email from Epstein in which he said: “I loved the torture video.”
The Dubai government’s statement on Friday did not mention Sulayem but announced that Essa Kazim had been named as the chair and Yuvraj Narayan as the chief executive.
Last week, two of DP World’s largest international partners, including Canada’s La Caisse pension fund and British International Investment (BII), said they would halt future deals with the group. On Friday, BII said that it would resume investment projects with DP World. “We welcome today’s decision by DP World and look forward to continuing our partnership to advance the development of key African trading ports to unlock the continent’s global trading potential,” a spokesperson said.
Source: The Guardian